Fulltime or Contract Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Do you enjoy working with a small team and quickly iterate from idea to a feature? Are you looking to take on more responsibility in owning a project start to finish? Are you interested in building innovative software that turns reams of data into valuable insights?
SocMetrics, an award-winning big-data marketing analytics startup based in Cambridge, is looking for an experienced full-stack Ruby on Rails Developer. Our products has helped dozens of Fortune 500 companies and top agencies to market more effectively. We're a fun, flexible group and look for team players that love to experiment, learn, and work closely with the founding team on big, bold ideas.
What will you be doing?
- Primary ownership of a Rails app project from architecture to user interface with FusionCharts, Bootstrap
- Creating/updating APIs
- Developing a new Web site for the launch of one of our newest products
- Communicating with the product team on prototypes and specifications
What skills you need?
- 2+ years of work experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or related degrees
What do we have to offer?
- A dynamic, fast-moving environment where everyone's voice is heard
- Our co-founder/CEO @royrod is a leader in Boston's entrepreneurial community, mentor for Techstars and 500startups, and a top angel
- The chance to join a really innovative startup in one of the most exciting spaces around, working with world-class brands and agencies
- We're based at the Cambridge Innovation Center in Kendall Square, with awesome free fruit, espresso and unlimited healthy snacks
- And of course, a competitive salary, stock options, benefits and lots of autonomy!
More about us
SocMetrics helps companies to grow their word of mouth and buzz through targeted Influencer Marketing Camapigns, and was started by MIT Media Lab grads and successful entrepreneurs who sold their last company to AOL. Founded in 2010, SocMetrics won a $50,000 Gold Prize from MassChallenge, and is profitable through customers including leading brands like Vita Coco, Ancestry.com, Canadian Olympic Committee, top agencies such as Edelman, Ogilvy, and Hill Holliday.
For a better sense of what we do, see some of our coverage: